FSX Classic Bushplanes Super Cub
Ready to earn a living flying back-country bush planes? Can you find your way through valleys and across stretches of water in marginal visibility and freezing temperatures when your clients are counting on you? Then these aircraft are for you.
Or are you are just into exploring and discovering the wilder areas of the planet, in a reliable and agile aircraft that can carry a load and you can depend on? Again, these aircraft are for you.
The package contains 6 models, for tough work operations in all environments and all seasons.
Ideal for VA's, as well. The Manual contains special instructions for STOL-type flying.
(Note: N8050C is a full replication of an existing aircraft, inside and out, made with the assistance of the owner)
The Super Cub is one of aviation's most successful aircraft stories. In close to 40 years of production, over 9,000 were built, and a number of speciality companies continue to produce replicas and further developments to this day.
Introduced in 1949 by Piper Aircraft, it was developed from the Piper PA-11, and traces its lineage back through the J-3 to the Taylor E-2 Cub of the 1930s.
The Super Cub remained in production with Piper through until 1981, when almost 7500 had been built over an uninterrupted 32 year production run. Piper continued building Super Cubs on behalf of Texas based WTA who held the manufacturing and marketing rights from 1981 until 1988. In 1988 Piper resumed marketing responsibility for the Super Cub and continued low rate production. Financial troubles meant that Super Cub production ceased in 1992, before resuming once more the following year. Finally in late 1994 Piper announced that the Super Cub would not form part of its model line for 1995 and that it would cease production after the last of 24 on order for distributor Muncie Aviation were completed. (source: Airliners.net)
Famed as a Bush Plane on wheels, floats and skis, Super Cubs can be found all over the world in a great variety of roles, from a general GA aircraft to banner towing and glider tug.
Today, companies such as CubCrafters, Backcountry, Turbine and Mackey offer kits, parts and fully assembled aircraft for those who want to continue flying this outstanding aircraft design.
The aircraft in the Flight Replicas packages depict modern (e.g.. restored/modified) versions of the older models.
• Classic Bush Plane on 32 wheels
• Classic Bush Plane on PK-type Floats
• Classic Bush Plane on Federal-type Skis
• N8050C on 26 wheels 150 hp
• N8050C on Edo 2000 floats 150 hp
• N8050C on Federal skis 150 hp
The Manual can be found in the ...Microsoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesSuper_Cub_Classic folder
• Flight Dynamics tested by real Super Cub owner (and 747 Captain);
• Includes custom sounds;
• Highly accurate VCs;
• Two different instrument panels;
• Wind sounds when doors and/or sliding windows open;
• Lower door, keychain and other items react to dynamic forces;
• Audible overstressing of the airframe;
• Wheel, float and ski versions;
• Wheeled versions have water-skimming ability, for fun plus assisted ultra-short-off-airport landings;
• "Brake-stand" take-offs for wheeled versions;
• GPS can be stowed away;
• Removable fuel/baggage pod and strut-mounted rifle, on Classic version;
• N8050C replicates a real aircraft inside and out, and verified by the owner;;
• Fully clickable and workable cockpits overall;
• Two different models;
• Three different textures;
• See-through lower door, on Classic model;
• Revised float dynamics;
• Bump and specular mapping;
• Animated pilots, including over rough terrain;
• Full flight operations manual, accurate and derived from the original;
• Paint kits for each version
Super Cubs will ONLY work with FSX plus Acceleration, or FSX Gold
|Delivery method (version):